What kind of data does CAMPSITE capture?
CAMPSITE intakes data from your existing systems, divided into four broad categories:
- Clinical and/or Research Data (from your institution's Electronic Health Record System or Research Management System)
- Financial Data - including department tree structure and transactions
- Departmental Data - aggregated directly from departments using automated tooling
- Everything Else - can include benchmark data, grants data, survey data, and much more
How do you quantify impact for Institutional Clients?
Most of our customers quantify impact based on the following categories:
- In the case of Medical institutions: revenue savings from right-sizing clinical effort, or revenue increases based on modeling of incentives that can take place within CAMPSITE. Includes clinical productivity (RVUs) based on Mission Effort.
- Faculty engagement
- IT savings
- Grant renewal rates and dollar amounts
- Research grant awards - trend of amount awarded and renewal/follow-through
- Various key quality metrics
What benefit does the CAMPSITE data warehouse have for us?
The transformational aspect of CAMPSITE's data warehouse is that it leverages a whole institution approach that spans data governance, validation, and projections. For customers who deploy CAMPSITE, they are no longer using siloed reporting structures and no longer experiencing fragmented practices and data collection policies within their department.
The CAMPSITE data warehouse covers the whole institution, and is a data set all teams within the institution can use either through pre-configured CAMPSITE tools, or new applications the institution decides to build on top of the data set. It's flexible, portable, and extendable.
How does this platform support our Data Governance strategy?
Many institutions are actively looking to develop or extend their Data Governance capabilities. Jende has partnered with Microsoft to leverage the Purview Data Governance platform, which centralizes data governance and creates transparency into validation, data origin, ETL activity, row-level security, and end-user output.
Depending on where your institution is with its Data Governance maturity efforts, Jende and Microsoft can support creating a centralized, agile Data Governance strategy, or work with your existing efforts to enhance and extend.
Does this platform replace our existing personnel and HR management solutions like PeopleSoft?
No. CAMPSITE is not a replacement for your core data systems that institutional users leverage to conduct day-to-day operations. Typically, CAMPSITE customers continue to use Oracle or equivalent products to manage HR and financial transactions, and Epic or equivalent to manage clinical workflows.
CAMPSITE aggregates all of this data so it can be used together for the benefit of the whole institution.
CAMPSITE does replace manual workflows, which typically surround departmental data collection.
CAMPSITE also has robust APIs related to all of the data in use, so that new platforms, tools and applications can be built on top of the validated, aggregated data set. It is a centralized platform that the whole institution can innovate and build upon.
How does this platform help with Compensation Planning and Incentive management?
The Compensation and Productivity module within CAMPSITE facilitates the adoption and execution of a unified compensation plan for an institution. The module centralizes and organizes current pay data, mission effort, benchmarks, incentives, productivity, and target salary support from grants and projects. It facilitates transparency with faculty to show progress toward their incentives and requirements related to their target salary support from grants. The module supports the “whole person” approach to departmental performance, and holds departments and individuals accountable for their performance under the compensation plan.
What is a sample architecture?
A sample architecture from University of Texas implementation is included below:
How do we install CAMPSITE? How long will it take?
CAMPSITE installations are guided by Jende subject matter experts every step of the way. Initial data source integrations and ETL take approximately 90 days, and soon after CAMPSITE's library of predictive reports can be accessed. Depending on how many CAMPSITE modules are installed, follow-on workflow analysis, platform configuration, and change management can take anywhere from six to twelve months.
Which teams do customers usually deploy to first?
CAMPSITE can create value for the institution within the first 90 days by aggregating and validating Clinical and/or Research data; HR data; and Finance data. Using our proprietary academic center analytical model, real time reports will be available across the institution within the first six months.
The most efficient sequence of operations is:
- Determine institutional goals with all relevant teams through Jende's proprietary Bloomery workshop.
- Perform IT analysis of the institution's current structures, data streams, and technical capabilities through Jende's Tech Ignite workshop.
- Integrate Azure tooling and Microsoft B2B instances to aggregate core existing data sources through IT and Business Intelligence leads.
- Work with business practice teams to release new modules according to the priorities articulated in the Bloomery Workshop (step 1).
What other solutions does the CAMPSITE platform integrate with?
Because of CAMPSITE's robust APIs and efficient use of Microsoft Azure data portability tools, CAMPSITE can integrate with any existing solution in use within your institution.
Jende already has libraries available for plug and play with the following integrations:
- Microsoft Power BI
- Active Directory